Here's the answer to the question "Who is going to take care of you when you are older." The answer is YOU.
Included in your Subscription
About the course
Planning for Long-Term care is a combination of paperwork and finances. You need a plan for long-term care, well before you need it.
- What is a will, living will, power of attorney?
- How do I find someone to make decisions for me? (executor, medical proxy/POA)
Paying for Long-Term Care
- What does long-term care cost?
- Should I pay for it out of my retirement funds or a long-term care insurance policy?
- Who is going to take care of me when I get older?
- Why would I want a geriatric care manager or social worker?
Jay Zigmont, PhD, CFP®
Dr. Jay Zigmont, CFP®, and his wife are Childfree and live in Water Valley, MS. He has a Ph.D. in Adult Learning from the University of Connecticut, is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Childfree Wealth Specialist. He is the founder of Childfree Wealth, a life and financial planning firm specializing in helping Childfree and Permanently Childless people. He is the author of the book “Portraits of Childfree Wealth” and co-host of the Childfree Life and Money Podcast.
He has been featured in Fortune, Forbes, MarketWatch, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Business Insider, Woman’s World, Investors Business Daily, FinancialPlanning, and many other publications.