Foundations of Finance
Start by getting your foundation set first. Focus on your budgeting, getting out of debt and taking care of the basics.
Included in your Subscription
About the course
Everything you do with finances is set upon your initial foundation. Your financial foundation includes things like budgeting, conquering debt, setting goals and more. If you don't know where else to start, start here.
- How do I improve my money behaviors?
- What is a budget and how do I stay on one?
- Budgeting tips and tricks
- How do I get out of debt?
- Is there good and bad debt?
- What about student loans?
- Do I need to buy a house?
Insurance and Paperwork
- How does insurance work? (health, life, disability and more)
- What paperwork do I need to do? (wills, living wills, POAs)
Jay Zigmont, PhD, MBA, CFP®
Dr. Jay Zigmont, CFP®, and his wife are Childfree and live in Water Valley, MS. He has a Ph.D. in Adult Learning from the University of Connecticut, is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Childfree Wealth Specialist. He is the founder of Childfree Wealth, a life and financial planning firm specializing in helping Childfree and Permanently Childless people. He is the author of the book “Portraits of Childfree Wealth” and co-host of the Childfree Wealth Podcast.
He has been featured in Fortune, Forbes, MarketWatch, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Business Insider, Woman’s World, Investors Business Daily, FinancialPlanning, and many other publications.