Estate planning includes the legal documents and a plan for what is going to happen to your money and life in the end.
Included in your subscription
About the course
Learn to create an estate plan, get your paperwork in place and figure out what legacy you want to leave. While we all don't like talking about the end of our lives, we do need a plan. Having good documentation in place is a priority for Childfree people as the healthcare and governmental systems need to know what to do when there is no next of kin.
- What paperwork do I need to get done?
- What is a will, living will, power of attorney?
- Who makes decisions for me when I can't?
Legacy and Gifting
- What does it mean to leave a legacy?
- How do I decide who to give my money to?
- What about donating to my favorite cause?
- How do I plan for long-term care?
- Who is going to take care of me when I get older?
Jay Zigmont, PhD, MBA, CFP®
Dr. Jay Zigmont, CFP®, and his wife are Childfree and live in Water Valley, MS. He has a Ph.D. in Adult Learning from the University of Connecticut, is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Childfree Wealth Specialist. He is the founder of Childfree Wealth, a life and financial planning firm specializing in helping Childfree and Permanently Childless people. He is the author of the book “Portraits of Childfree Wealth” and co-host of the Childfree Wealth Podcast.
He has been featured in Fortune, Forbes, MarketWatch, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Business Insider, Woman’s World, Investors Business Daily, FinancialPlanning, and many other publications.