Does your life and financial plan reflect your Childfree future?
I help you learn how to live a life of Childfree Wealth. Childfree Wealth means you have the Time, Money and Freedom to achieve your dreams. Do you want help with your life and financial planning?
Manage your money
Invest in your future
Achieve your dreams
Most of us never learned how to manage our money
Not knowing how to manage our money is costing us both dollars and peace of mind.
Your finances keep you up at night
You keep earning more but have nothing to show for it
Your finances are hurting your loved ones
You have paid ‘experts’ for ‘help’ but they don’t understand the childfree lifestyle
You need help investing but don’t know where to start
You want to retire but don’t know if you ever will be able to.
You deserve to learn how to manage your money.
Meet Dr Jay Zigmont, CFP®
My wife and I are childfree. I know that the ‘standard’ financial planning advice doesn’t fit a Childfree lifestyle. Your choices are different and need to be valued.
I grew up broke. I was never taught how to manage money. I earned my first million by the time I was 21 and spent it before I was 25.
It wasn’t until much later that I learned how to manage and invest my money. I know you can learn how to manage your money and invest.
I have been a coach in all areas of life and business for over a decade. I have a PhD in Adult Learning from the University of Connecticut and I am a Fee-Only, Advice-Only, Fiduciary, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Childfree Wealth Specialist. I am the author of the book Portraits of Childfree Wealth, being released June 1, 2022.
The bottom line is I have the experience and training to help you learn how to manage their money and achieve financial freedom.
I help you learn how YOU can manage all areas of your finances.
Instead of ‘doing it for you’, together we work on a life and financial plan that supports your future in the following areas:
- Budgeting and Cash Flow
- Debt Management
- Setting and Achieving Goals (including FILE and FIRE)
- College Planning (and Student Loans)
- Career Choices and Their Impact
- Side-Gigs and Small Businesses
- Saving and Investing
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning and Long-Term Care
- Caring for Elderly Parents
3 Simple Steps to
When you learn how to make your money work for you, it will get you from where you are to where you want to be.
1. Schedule a Meeting
You tell me about where you are and where you want to go (what your goals are).
2. We work together on a plan
We develop and implement a financial plan to guide you on the path to your goals.
3. You achieve financial freedom
Sleep easy knowing you are doing the right things to secure your financial future.
My Promise to You
I am a Fiduciary and Fee-Only
I am legally bound to put your interest ahead of my own. I keep things simple. No surprise or hidden fees. The only thing I charge for is my time, and I only get paid by you.
I am Childfree
I know that being childfree means different choices for you and your loved ones. Your goals and needs are different.
You are in charge
You decide what to do with your money. I’m not taking control. You invest, your way. I provide Advice-Only.
You will learn
You will learn how to manage your money and I will be at your side along the way.
A year from now, where will you be?
You have a choice. A year from now you can be deeper in debt and making progress in the wrong direction. Or you can sleeping soundly knowing you are on your way to financial freedom.
Taking the first step may be the hardest, but it is worth it.
How it works.
Here’s what you get:
- The first meeting is completely free. The goal is to get to know each other and see if I can help you. No pressure, just a chance to talk about where you are and where you want to go.
- We meet for an hour via Zoom.
- If it is a fit, you get signed up. Monthly retainers start at $500 per month.
- The monthly retainer includes up to an hour meeting via Zoom, access to our Right Capital software for financial management, and ongoing support via email. (You schedule meetings as needed, but they cannot be ‘carried over’.)
- We follow our unique, iterative, Modular Financial Planning Process
- If you have a special project you need me to do above and beyond the monthly retainer, (or would just like to book an hour) I charge $500 per hour. No surprises, you tell me when you need more.
Monthly RetainerMeet monthly to work on your plan
- Meet with Dr. Jay, CFP® for 1 hour each month (via Zoom).
- Build a dynamic, comprehensive financial plan over time.
- Includes an additional hour of prep/background work by Dr. Jay, CFP® on your plan.
- Access to RightCapital software for planning
- Advice-Only, NO Investment Management (AUM) fee.
- Additional work can be added at an hourly rate of $500.
Pro-Bono ServicesFor those who can't afford a planner
- Dr. Jay holds 4 pro-bono spots for those who need a financial planner but can’t afford one.
- Currently a waiting list
- Includes the same services as the monthly retainer
- Reach out if you need help.
Hourly Advice-OnlyFor advice or a project
- Advice-Only from Dr. Jay, CFP®
- Paid as work is completed
- 15-minute increments
- Best for “Do it Yourself” people who want another look at their plan.
Download our No-Cost Guide on the 7 Ways Childfree Wealth Planning is Different
Live, Learn, Plan, LLC (“Live, Learn, Plan”) is a registered investment advisor offering advisory services in the State(s) of Mississippi and in other jurisdictions where exempted. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. The presence of this website on the Internet shall not be directly or indirectly interpreted as a solicitation of investment advisory services to persons of another jurisdiction unless otherwise permitted by statute. Follow-up or individualized responses to consumers in a particular state by Live, Learn, Plan in the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation shall not be made without our first complying with jurisdiction requirements or pursuant an applicable state exemption.
All written content on this site is for information purposes only. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of Live, Learn, Plan, unless otherwise specifically cited. Material presented is believed to be from reliable sources and no representations are made by our firm as to other parties’ informational accuracy or completeness. All information or ideas provided should be discussed in detail with an advisor, accountant or legal counsel prior to implementation.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) owns the CFP® certification mark, the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification mark, and the CFP® certification mark (with plaque design) logo in the United States, which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.