Three months ago, I set out to do research on Childfree Wealth. Since then, 325 Childfree people have completed my book survey and I’ve been able to interview 27. Thank you so much for your willingness to share! A special thanks to Hannah from Wife Without Kids and Best Childfree Life Possible on Facebook for helping me make great progress in February.
An update on the book progress:
- Primary data collection is done. What that means is that I am going to move forward analyzing the data I have and completing the other interviews currently scheduled.
- My goal is to have the Portraits of Childfree Wealth book to the editor by the middle of March. This book will feature 25 stories (portraits) of what Childfree Wealth looks like. My goal is to release the book sometime this summer.
- I’m starting work on the Childfree Wealth book. It will have three sections: Childfree Life, Childfree Wealth, and Childfree Finances. Think of this book as a guide to achieving Childfree Wealth and living your best life.
A few key themes were identified in March:
- This month I had quite a few discussions about Childfree life with a partner (couples, married, and groups). Of note, I’ve been working on how being a Childfree couple allows for different career choices and embracing what my wife and I call the Gardener and the Rose. The concept is simple, in that we each take a turn growing (and being the Rose) and providing support (being the Gardener).
- To highlight both the Gardener and the Rose and the FILE lifestyle, I want to share Jesse’s portrait of intentional balance. Jesse and his wife have chosen to live in an RV and design a life where Jesse can follow his passion and his wife can enjoy her job. They enjoy their Childfree life of freedom and balance.
An offer of help: (and shameless plug)
If you ever need help achieving your best Childfree life, I’m here. I am an Advice-Only, Fee-Only, Fiduciary CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, and Childfree Wealth Specialist. What that means is I help people achieve their personal, professional, and financial goals. I provide life and financial coaching, planning, and investment advice. If you would like to learn more about how I can help you achieve your goals, check out Childfree Wealth, or you can schedule a no-cost 60 minute introductory meeting (to get to know each other) at https://calendly.com/coachdrjay/childfree